Jonesboro Truck Accident Attorneys
For A Free Consult, Call (870) 782-4084 Today
According to the most recent data collected by the NHTSA, there were over 148,000 injuries caused by trucking accidents in the U.S. in the year 2017.
The same study showed that there were over 4,000 fatalities caused by trucking accidents in the same year. Meanwhile, in Arkansas there were over 80 fatalities caused by accidents involving a large truck in 2017.
About one in every nine traffic-related fatalities is related to an accident involving a commercial truck, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Although laws have been enacted to regulate truck drivers' actions, some truckers and trucking companies act negligently, causing serious accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident involving a commercial truck or 18 wheeler, your first step should be to retain quality legal guidance from our firm. At Wells & Wells, our Jonesboro truck accident lawyers can help you navigate each step of your case.
We offer a free case evaluation to individuals who are in need of just compensation. Call our experienced Jonesboro truckaccident lawyers at (870) 782-4084 today to get started.
Truck Accident FAQ:
Why are trucks more likely to cause injuries in an accident than passenger cars? The primary difference between a trucking accident and a passenger car accident is the huge difference in weight. Because of the sheer difference in size, trucks typically cause more destruction in an accident than a typical passenger vehicle does. Trucks also can often be hauling hazardous or flammable material, which makes them more dangerous in an accident.
- Who is financially responsible in a trucking accident, the driver or the trucking company? The answer to this question depends on the situation and can be fairly complicated. Is the driver an employee or an independent contractor? Typically, a company cannot be held financially responsible for the actions of an independent contractor. To learn more about the "respondeat superior" theory and how this may influence your case, contact ourtruck accident lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
- What if I can't get in contact with the trucking company after my crash? If you made sure to collect the trucking company's contact information from the trucker at the time of your accident, but have not been able to get a hold of them, we may be able to help. Our truck accident lawyers are used to dealing with trucking companies and can help get the information you need. Oftentimes trucking companies are located in a different state than the one in which the accident occurred, so having an attorney contact them on your behalf may lead to better results than contacting them yourself.
Compensation for Trucking Accidents
Trucking companies in Arkansas will likely begin an investigation of the auto accident within 24 hours after the crash. In many cases, they send an accident reconstruction specialist to the scene of the accident.
The purpose of this thorough investigation is to build a case that works to limit your recovery of damages. It is essential that you immediately retain a skilled truck accident lawyer in Jonesboro. At Wells & Wells, we can fight for your rights and help you achieve a positive case outcome.
Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Wrongful death
Establishing Liability After a Truck Crash
Our truck accident attorneys in Jonesboro take action to hold the inattentive or reckless party responsible for his or her actions. Regardless of the cause of the accident, we can help you obtain compensation and achieve a favorable case result.
- Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Exceeding hours of service
- Exceeding posted speed limits
- Using illegal drugs or misusing prescription drugs
- Alcohol intoxication
- Reckless driving
- Driving while distracted
Call (870) 782-4084 or get in touch with us online at your earliest convenience to pursue the just compensation that you deserve after suffering a catastrophic injury in a truck accident in Jonesboro.