Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Get a Free Consultation

Jonesboro Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer

Representing Victims of DUI Accidents in Arkansas

Have you or a loved one been injured in a DUI accident in Arkansas? Motorists who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol put all other drivers—as well as pedestrians and bicyclists sharing the road—at risk of serious injury. Yet, people continue to get behind the wheel after imbibing, leading to devastating consequences. In the years between 2003 and 2012, 1,769 people were killed in crashes involving a drunk driver in Arkansas according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Wells & Wells is a personal injury firm with a proven track record in motor vehicle accident claims. Our Jonesboro drunk driving accident attorneys will fight to obtain the just compensation you are owed if you have been injured in a DUI accident in Arkansas. We will investigate your accident, collect relevant evidence, and file a claim that will help you win a settlement that will cover damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and your other accident-related costs. Our legal team works on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t have to pay any attorney fees or legal costs unless we win compensation on your behalf.

Call (870) 782-4084 or contact us online to learn more during a free, no-risk consultation. 

Arkansas Drunk Driving Laws

In Arkansas, the legal limit for a driver’s blood alcohol content (BAC) is 0.08%. If a driver is caught operating a vehicle with a BAC at this level or higher, the person is considered to be driving while intoxicated. For drivers under 21, the BAC limit is 0.02%.

Arkansas law against drunk driving is very strict and carries tough penalties. It is one of many states that has a law known as “implied consent,” meaning that simply operating a motor vehicle anywhere in the state implies acquiescence to any test for alcohol, drugs, or other controlled substances. This means that if a motorist refuses to consent to a breath, blood, or urine test, their driving privileges can be suspended.

Arkansas Code Section 16-126-104 states that a vendor who knowingly sells alcohol to a patron who is clearly intoxicated (or under 21) can also be held liable for any injuries caused by the drunk person. Known as a “dram shop law,” this can be used to file a lawsuit against a bar or other venue that served a clearly intoxicated person who caused a car accident after leaving the premises.

What to Do When You Get Hit by a Drunk Driver

If you have been hit by a drunk driver in Arkansas, you may become involved in both a criminal and a civil case against the at-fault driver. It is important to collect as much evidence after your crash as possible, if you can, to protect your claim.

If you have been hit by a drunk driver in Arkansas, you should:

  • Seek medical attention: If you are seriously injured, head to a hospital right away—you can take care of the rest later. Otherwise, wait until after completing the steps below to see a doctor. Even if you don’t feel in pain or have any visible injuries, it is always best to get looked at in case you have suffered internal injuries. Medical records will back up your insurance and personal injury claims as well.
  • File a police report: Call the police to the scene and ask for a copy of the accident report for your own records.
  • Document the crash: Take pictures or video of the crash scene, write down everything you can remember about how the crash occurred while your memory is fresh, and exchange contact information with all involved drivers as well as any witnesses.
  • Notify your insurance company: Inform your insurance carrier of your accident; however, don’t sign anything or give a written statement until after consulting with a lawyer. Also, never talk to the drunk driver’s insurance company because they will try to build a case against you by using anything you say to discredit you.
  • Contact an attorney: Set up a free consultation with a local drunk driving accident lawyer to get advice on what to do next. Even if you don’t plan to take legal action, this free advice can keep you from making mistakes that will hurt your chances of receiving just compensation.

If you have been involved in a drunk driver hit and run, do as much of the above as possible as well as write down as many details as you can remember about the car that hit you, such as the make, model, and color, as well as any details that may identify the driver (if you saw them), like their hair color, age, or gender. The police and/or your lawyer may be able to help you locate the liable party and press charges.

Why Hiring a Jonesboro DUI Accident Lawyer is Crucial

A drunk driving accident lawyer at Wells & Wells can help you receive compensation for your accident-related expenses as well as pain and suffering if you have been hit by a drunk driver. We can handle your insurance claim against a drunk driver as well as help you file a lawsuit and take the responsible party to court, if necessary. The victim of a DUI accident should never be made to suffer more than they have already; let us help make your recovery easier by taking care of the legal aspects of your claim on your behalf.

Ready for Justice? Schedule Your Free Consultation at (870) 782-4084 Now.

  • “Super Professional”

    - Allan P.
  • “Got the Job Done”

    - Algernoa C.
  • “Spectacular Job”

    - Kristina H.
  • “Veteran Friendly”

    - Brian B.
  • “Pain-Free Process”

    - Amy S.
  • You will get maximum compensation for your injury.
  • You’ll get a lawyer who has earned multiple awards & accolades.
  • You will pay nothing unless we win.
  • You get a team with 50 years of combined experience.
  • You’ll receive personalized and attentive representation.


Give us a call at (870) 782-4084 or fill out the form below to get started on your free consultation today.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy